Monday, July 12, 2010

Du the Gu in Nu Shuz

So...at the race event in September there will be a lot of things going on along the course: music, spectators, water stations, and Gu. I love the first 3 things, but Gu?!? What the heck is Gu, and why on earth is it on my race course? Well, it is a gel-like substance that helps with energy on long distance treks.

Normally, I am not a fan of energy drinks, or substances - but at mile 10...who knows what my brain will be thinking: mirages, delirium? So, on the off chance that my brain, in a state of slosh, demands that my hand reach for a packet of this Gu - i thought it wise to start training with it, a little. I bought 2 flavors: orange and lemon, and used them yesterday during my long run/walk.

I am so glad that I have 1.5 months to get use to this Gu. It wasn't bad...just VERY different.

In conjunction with this new experience, I'm also breaking in a new pair of shoes. The Motos that I bought a few weeks ago, didn't last very long. So, I'm wearin a very stylish, gray and pink pair of shoes with great arch support. Unfortunately, my feetsies aren't quiet used to them yet, so they yell loudly at me.

Now - with 54 days left, I must continue to press on. I still think I'm a little loopy, but what's life without a little loopiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment