Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Daylight, I must wait for the Sunrise...

...I must think of a new life and I mustn't give in..." A song that is closer to my heart than any other. This phrase, in particular, is fitting for today. As crappy as I felt yesterday, and wondering why I was doing what I was doing...I got up, earlier than usual to walk. Today was a simple, 20-minute stroll. Half way through my walk, I was still thinking about many things - and I decided to jog. So, I picked up my pace and ran for 2 minutes at a 13:40 pace. 2 full minutes...that's a first for me. Then I walked a bit, ran another minute; walked a bit then ran another 45s at the same pace.

Afterwards, I felt better; much better. My body defied the odds, and I like that. :) So...while today as still full of emotion, doubt, and deep pensivity... "...I must think of a new life, and I mustn't give in..."

Today, I ran with all the perseverance I could find. Today, I didn't give in. Today...His mercies were new.

No comments:

Post a Comment