Friday, February 26, 2010

End of Week 4

Today marks the end of my 4th week of training. It has been a crazy journey thus far, and it still seems a little sureal to me. I can see changes in my body: muscular definition, strength and endurance. I can feel changes in my body: less pain in my back and knees. I can see changes in my clothes: I'm down a size in shirts and my current pair of jeans are so big they make me nervous sometimes. :D

Last night at TaeKwondo (which I've been training in for about a year and half), we did an endurance drill. On a focus (or hand) pad that our partner was holding, we did 50 fast punches, 10 push-ups, 40 fast punches, 10 push-ups, 30 fast punches, 10 push-ups, 20 fast punches and 10 push-ups for a grand total of 140 fast punches and 40 push-ups. 50...not hard, barely breathing heavy, arms aren't tired. 40...a little harder, but still not bad. 30...arms are burning, breathing is heavy. Last 20...HORRIBLE, arms are like jell-o, breathing is very labored. This was the general progression of the class. HOWEVER, because I have an AMAZING trainer, who "torchers" me every morning between 7 and 8am...this exercise was challenging, but not death. My punches were fast and accurate, and my push-ups were not modified (meaning that I did them on my toes, not my knees)...all 40 of them.

Driving home from class, I smiled at myself in the rear view mirror because I saw a glimpse of who I could become if I keep up the training. Have I arrived? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! I'm not even close...but I'm closer! It is kind of like the movie National Treasure...one glimpse, one clue leads to another and another, until finally the treasure is found. For me, each choice, each victory, each lesson learned...leads to another and another, until one day I reach the treasure of Heaven. And there...I pray with all my heart - I hear my Father say, "I know you! Well done, good and faithful servant."

Until then...Let us (you AND I) run with perserverance the race marked out for us, and through off EVERYTHING that so easily hinders and holds back.

Courtney

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!! So proud of you. Leigh Leigh

    ReplyDelete