Saturday, May 15, 2010

Training day 5

On the training grid - yesterdays marathon training was a day of rest. I know that rest is an EXTREMELY important part of the big picture...but I kind of found it hard to. I wanted to go walking/jogging. In all honesty, I probably could have walked and been ok; however, once the training become more intense as the weeks go on...those days of rest will become so vital.

I am thinking, too, that I need to start adding a daily strength training routine: push-ups, crunches, etc. These things will help to make me stronger in the long run (no pun intended).

Sometimes, when I think about the big picture...I get butterflies in my tummy. It seems sureal that I am actually going to do this. The always-pudgy kid...has finally gotten her act together and is going to finish a half-marathon. Wow! **huge, cheezy, smiley grin**

34 days until my 1st 5k (june 19)
112 days unitl half marathon (sept 5)

C'mon - let's run with perseverance this race marked out for us and kick to the curb EVERTHING that holds us back!

No comments:

Post a Comment