Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week 2, day 2 & 3

Yesterday's training was an easy 30-minute walk. However, I wanted to challenge myself, so I set a goal of 1.5 miles in that timeframe - which I met. I was able to shave 1:03 off of my pace mile. I still need to get it down another 3-4 minutes, but that will come over time.

During the first mile yesterday, I thought I might need to just chop off my legs from the knees down. I had the worst shin splints I've had in a long time. BUT...i pushed through and didn't quit until I had done with the mile. That's huge for me.

Today's training was a 20-minute 'stroll' at a 'window shopping' speed. So, in order to maximize my time...I took that stroll in Walmart, which is where I started off my work day at 8:30 this morning. It was a slow pace, but I can feel every muscle in my legs working together.

My energy level has been kind of low these last couple of days. I think I need to track how much water i'm drinking because I am almost 100% sure it's not enough, and I need to get some more fruits and veggies in my diet.

Struggling today to do anything with perseverence. I pray tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment