Thursday, May 20, 2010

W2, D4

It was GORGEOUS outside this morning. It had a smokey, moist smell - which reminded me of the mission trip I took several years ago to Honduras. Needless to say, my morning walk/jog was filled with many pleasant memories.

As I walked/jogged down memory lane, I thought I would do a a little interval training while I as there. After a 2 minute warm up walk, I started the this walking/jogging progression; 15s-30s-45s-1min. Then reversed it: 1min-45s-30s-15s. Then did a 5 minute walk at a leisurely purposed pace, then jogged for 2m:33s. Then another 5 minute walk, and a jog for 3m:10s. Finally, a 2 minute walk and a 20s 'sprint'.

I was not really concerened today about distance or pace time, but here is the general information:
Total Time: 30 minutes
Distance: 1.61 miles
Avg Pace: 18:37
Walking Pace: 18:30 - 19:45
Jogging Pace: 14:30 - 15:30
Sprint Pace: 13:45

I'm pleased with the progress, and am seeing small improvements. They key is consistancy, and to not be afraid to push myself a little harder. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's day o' rest.

Hebrews 12:1

1 comment: